PSAC Alliance Facilitators Network and Resources
Our AFN Policy outlines the objectives of the Ontario Region AFN, How to Become an AF, Co-facilitation Opportunities, AF delivered workshops in the Region, Funding for the AFN, Communications including the Ontario Region AFN Newsletter and this website and an AFN Flyer to promote the AFN and AFN Meetings via Webinar, AF Skills Upgrades AF Resources including our AFN Portal, Roles and Responsibilities, and PSAC Policies.
Would you like to offer union education in your area delivered by an Alliance Facilitator?
We have a skilled network of members who are Alliance Member Facilitators who would like nothing more than to facilitate short union education modules! Please contact the Regional Education Officer Shirley A. Riva at email@example.com if you would like to invite an Alliance Facilitator to facilitate a workplace, local or regional union activity.
Calling on all Ontario Region Alliance Facilitators: Interested in sharing your story or hot tips? Do you have an exciting idea for the AFN Newsletter?
Please submit short descriptions of your Alliance Facilitator activities to Denise Hampden, REO Ontario Region at firstname.lastname@example.org 647-417-1524
Alliance Facilitator Toolkit Portal
Please contact the Ontario Region REO (email@example.com) for more information.
POPULAR EDUCATION LINKS & TOOLS
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) – http://www.ccohs.caThe Catalyst Centre – http://www.catalystcentre.ca/May Works – http://www.mayworks.caThe Art of Hosting – http://www.artofhosting.org/home/Training for Change – http://www.trainingforchange.org/The Berkana Institute – http://www.berkana.org/Workers Arts & Heritage Centre, Hamilton – http://www.wahc-museum.ca/Highlander Research and Education Center, New Market, DC – http://highlandercenter.org/The Labor Heritage Foundation, Washington, DC – http://www.laborheritage.org/
Tools for Change – http://www.toolsforchange.net
Native Land – https://native-land.ca/
OUR AFN PROGRAM REFERENCES THAT WE USE ARE:
- Community Facilitation Guide, – Weaving Threads of Inclusion, CAWI, City for All Women Initiative, Ottawa, November 2012
- Education for Changing Unions, Bev Burke et al, Between the Lines, Toronto, 2012
- Facilitator’s Guide to Participatory Decision-Making, Sam Kaner et al, Jossey- Bass, Third Edition, San Francisco, 2014
- Dancing on Live Embers: Challenging Racism in Organizations, Between the Lines, Toronto, 2006
- PSAC Facilitators’ Handbook, , PSAC Education Program, Ottawa, Revised March 2007
- Facilitation at a Glance: Your Pocket Guide to Facilitation, , Ingrid Bens, 4th Edition, Goal/QPC, Methuen, MA, 2016